We are seeking a “best in class” Maintenance Mechanic that will be responsible for the care and maintenance of all property and production assets in a safe and efficient manner as well as staying abreast on new products, equipment, technology and techniques. The ideal candidate has a natural ability to roll with the punches, being flexible to handle anything that might come their way. You will be a strong and reliable support to company operations. Not only will your efforts allow us to achieve organizational efficiency, you will nurture the pleasant work environment our people love.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
This is a safety sensitive position
- Ensure operation of machinery and equipment by completing maintenance requirements on production, packaging, processing equipment and utility systems
- Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Use a variety of hand and power tools and handling equipment in performing duties
- Follow all required work safe practices including lock-out tag-out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and other standards
- Must be able to quickly identify materials
- Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds regularly
- Must be able to pass Hazmat exam
High school diploma or equivalent; OR one to three months related experience AND/OR training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.